Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Train show
















Dylan really was needing some one on one time with mommy since his behavior was getting a little out of control the last week or two. A friend of mine (thanks Julie) let me know about a nearby train show. Once I finally found the ad in the paper, I spoke to Stephen and we decided that Dylan would enjoy a day with just mommy instead of mom and dad. Friday night I told my little boy that we were having a special day the next morning. I purposely withheld telling him where we were going because I knew the 45 minute car ride would be a nightmare for me with him asking "are we there yet?". Dylan woke up Saturday morning, put on his "conductors" (a/k/a Osh Kosh striped overalls), his train conductor hat, BANDANA, and we were off. The expression on Dylan's face when we got inside the train show was priceless. He was definitely in his element and had a fantastic day. He was a total angel and we even managed to score another electric train for his collection. I have to honestly say I enjoyed the day even though I'm not as big a fan of trains as my little boy is. It's amazing how much time some people put into their train hobby. I was thoroughly impressed with the detail of some of the train displays.










1 comment:

Alana Goldstein said...

He looks like a little man. He is so grown up now and SO handsome. Watch out!!!