Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day Camp













We were a little surprised when we found out that school was closed for an extended weekend due to President's Day. Brynn was off from daycare all week last week and President's Day and Dyl's school is closed only Monday through Wednesday this week.








Mondays are Little Gym days for Brynn I was worried about how I could handle bringing all three of my kids with me to the Gym. Again a friend told us about YMCA day camp. I was a little bummed when I was told that the youngest age for kids there is 5 years of age. After a phone call though, they said that they would be happy to make an exception so I signed Dylan up (even though daddy wasn't too thrilled about this).








Yesterday morning Dylan got dressed, put some extra clothes in his backpack and couldn't wait to get on the bus to go to camp. I think he was more excited about riding the bus than actually going to camp. It's a long day since the bus picks the kids up at 8:20 a.m. and he didn't return home until almost 5:30 but he had the biggest smile on his face when he got off of the bus. He got to go snow tubing yesterday, they are going cross country skiing today, making rockets, going rock climbing, singing songs and of course, drinking lots of hot chocolate. Unfortunatley school is open Thursday and Friday so he won't be able to finish the week out but I'm glad he got the opportunity to see what camp is like since he will be spending two weeks there this summer.








2 comments:

Julie said...

Do you know when you are sending him yet? I have thought about sending Adam for a week, but haven't decided yet. My nieces and nephews all go.

Alana Goldstein said...

That YMCA is such an awesome place!! You guys are lucky to hav eit so close.