Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dutch Wonderland














































So the last stop of our weekend trip was Dutch Wonderland. I don't know how I feel about this place. It's a little different than Knoebles, a LOT different than Great Adventure but nicer than a town fair. The park has a castle and is pretty much geared towards little kids. I did see some teenagers there but most of the rides and attractions are for kids 8 years and younger. Brynn wanted to go on a roller coaster with her daddy and was devistated that she was too little to ride. Dylan, my tough, strong boy immediately chickened out of going on the ride when he saw how high he was going to be in the air. There were trains (oh yes, more trains for our weekend get away), a Princess and Knight that walked around and took pictures and interacted with the kids, pedal trains (which had to be the favorite of my little ones--8 times over and over again we did that ride) and of course carnival-type vendors. I could take or leave this amusement park but my kids had a great time there. It's too bad the ride to go home was so long because we had to cut our time at Dutch Wonderland a little short. Dylan had school the next day and we had to get the kids back home, in bed at bedtime so they would be able to function and actually wake up happy on Monday.

No comments: