Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And then there's a butterfly...




Friday morning while I was getting stuff ready to put into the camper, I noticed that the chrysalis that we have been waiting to see a butterfly emerge from was BLACK!!! It was quite bizarre because it was dark but you could see through it and see the butterfly inside it. Dylan watched patiently to see if the butterfly was ready to come out but unfortunately we had to leave the house and I told Dylan that by the time we got home from errands, the butterfly would probably be out.


I was right and Dylan was amazed with seeing the beautiful butterfly that was 10 days prior a fat ugly caterpillar. Brynn squealed when she saw the butterfly that afternoon and Emily just wanted to touch it and play with it. After a couple of hours it was ready to be released. The kids hoped that we could keep it but I explained that it had to be free. It was a very good experience for my 3 kiddies!


No comments: