Friday, July 23, 2010

Walking with the Dinosaurs







I surprised my big boy yesterday morning. Instead of getting ready to go to summer camp, he got up, got dressed, all 3 kids ate breakfast and Dylan asked "hey where are we going? Why am i missing camp today???". I dropped the girls off and started driving to Middletown to meet the train. Dylan watched tv (I know spoiled), all the way down Route 17. He didn't even realize that we were at the train stop til I parked the car. He started screaching "We are going on a train!!!!". He enjoys riding the NJ Transit train to Manhattan. It's a real treat for him.






When I told him we were taking the train to Madison Square Garden to see the Walking with the Dinosaurs show he was all smiles.






The show was amazing (minus the narrator)--it was quite real up to the part where one carnivore ate a just hatched baby dinosaur, the raptors munching on a dead dinosaur and a tricyeratops pooping on stage---Of course the T-Rex mama that came out at the end was Dylan's favorite.






We didn't leave Madison Square Garden--thankfully because Penn Station is downstairs, and Dylan tried to negotiate an entire day in NYC but we had to return home so I could do some errands.






I LOVE having a little boy to do these things with!



No comments: