Monday, July 12, 2010

Six Flags Great Adventure
















The Moo Duk Kwan National Karate Tournament was this past weekend in Cherry Hill, NJ--I took Friday off from work to travel down to the competition. I decided to take Brynn with us on this trip because I wanted to surprise both kids and stop at Six Flags for a couple of hours. I knew my Emme Grace would be way to little to enjoy the park and it wouldn't be fair to have her sit in a stroller and watch. Ryan of course came with us and he won Emily a stuffed elephant so she had a little something as a gift.

When I was a teenager, I was very fortunate to have a season pass to Six Flags and we went on weekly trips there all summer long. I LOVED it! I haven't been back to the park for at least 12 years and boy was it fun!

I was told that it rained pretty hard at 10:30 am there which scared away a lot of people. When we arrived at noon, the park was empty! We walked on every ride, didn't wait for anything and it was a goregous, hot, sticky, summer day. The kids were exhausted by the time we left at 6:00 and headed to watch the black belt competition at the hotel. I really enjoyed spending the day with the kids and getting to actually ride the rides which I haven't done in a very long time.





No comments: