Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkins!







I really intended on going pumpkin picking at a pumpkin patch where there's activities to do, a hay ride, apple cider, the works but unfortunately time did not allow that to happen this year. I thought I would make a quick trip to the local pumpkin "patch" but I found out from friends that the pumpkins there were all pretty rotten so the best advice was to skip it.






There's a cute little country store/market down the road from the office that had some nice looking pumpkins outside. That's where I took the kids last year when I was way too pregnant to even think about humping my hiney around a pumpkin field. The kids were very excited that they got to pick 3 pumpkins. There was a wagon that Dylan got to pull and Brynn just wanted a "round one".






We all agreed on a tall skinny pumpkin for Miss Emily.






It was a quick, painless,fun experience for all of us and Sunday night the creative carving begins! (that's a DADDY project that I supervise)

No comments: