Thursday, October 1, 2009

Holiday Shopping...

Here's another random thought... Today is October 1st. I've just decorated my house for Halloween (which my children have begged me to do since school started), I put the Thanksgiving decorations near the basement stairs so they are ready in a couple of weeks but I have this yearning to start Christmas shopping! Last year I had no choice but to start shopping early since we really didn't know when Emily would arrive. I have swore to myself that this year I am not going crazy buying the kids presents since they have so much stuff as it is and get so many gifts from friends and relatives. I'm posting this so when I go back and re read my posts in a couple of weeks or maybe next month, I'm reminded about the meaning of Christmas and to control my spending/buying habits....we'll see if I can keep myself in check!

2 comments:

Alana Goldstein said...

we were just talking about this the other day...so now we are trying to think of expereice gifts instead of material things. Like a show or trip or something. It is so hard though!

Julie said...

I have already bought a few things. :) The thing is though, once you start early and are 'done' when it's closer to the time, I still want to shop because it's that holiday mood. I like what we did with the boy's birthdays though, just that big dome in the yard, and nothing else. They get so much from everyone else they didn't even notice there weren't gifts from mom and dad. and two or three things under the tree and they are happy