Friday, October 9, 2009

Christopher Columbus


Boy oh boy I LOVE themed holidays! Today the school had a "dress up like Christopher Columbus" day! The dorky mom I am immediately went on-line and found a Chris Columbus hat, blow up globe and telescope. I found a red scarf in my closet and had him put on a polo shirt and khakis. He looked soooo cute this morning. On the way to school we did a quick crash-course lesson on Columbus (I was quite proud that I remembered so much about Columbus). Dylan went to school this morning dressed like Columbus and was going to tell the kids about the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria (and brought a pirate ship to show what the boats probably looked like). He was telling a little boy when I walked out of the room that "people then thought the world was flat and Chris Columbus (he called him), said no, no, no, the world is round....do you know Chris Columbus found America!" He's so smart that boy of mine!

1 comment:

Julie said...

You should have called me, I have a pirate hat that looks just like that you could have borrowed!!! :)

On a side note, I showed my students a video on columbus and some of the indians were not wearing much and they saw their backsides. Good Lord, the hysterics!!