Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Brynn's eye doctor appt.


Okay I finally was able to complete an eye exam with Brynn. It only took a whopping 2 1/2 hours but the eye doctor was fabulous! Brynn has a spunky personality and is it sometimes difficult to get her to cooperate with doing things the princess does not want to do. Stephen and I have noticed little Brynnie has had some difficulty seeing things the last two months or so. Unfortunatley it took forever to find a pediatric opthamologist. I did locate one down in Warwick last week but she was not able to finish the eye exam with Brynn. It was quite a traumatizing exam for her since they had to put the eye drops in her eyes to dilate them. I do have to admit I was very upset when my daughter started screaming because the drops were burning. It was heartbreaking because she was yelling "mommy my eyes hurt". Anyway yesterday the new doctor I found did a fantastic job and was incredibly patient with Brynn and the other two children I had to bring with me (i.e Dylan and Emily). It was a very stressful appointment but I am glad we finally got some answers and Brynnie's glasses will be in next Tuesday. Here's a pic of her trying her new glasses on.

1 comment:

Julie said...

We had to go to the eye dr with Van when he was about 4 months old or so because his eyes were crossed. (mine were too when I was a baby and it is very common in infants.) But we went to an opthamologist in Goshen... Hatfield lane I think? I don't know if they are just for pediatrics though. Anyway, they dilated Van's eyes too and I cried. I felt sooo bad for him. Good job to you for going alone and taking all kids! you are my hero!