Monday, October 4, 2010

Apple and Pumpkin Picking















































I am embarrassed to admit this but I have NEVER gone apple picking--NEVER. It is something that I have always wanted to do, and have attempted to do, but never got to the orchard. Since Dylan's soccer game was cancelled yesterday afternoon, my favorite family, the Siegels, invited us to pumpkin and apple picking with them in New Paltz. The sun was shining and I had plans of cleaning the house all day but I literally ditched the broom and vacuum, hopped in to the shower and dressed my clan...we were finally going to get to the orchard!

I had so much fun and I don't think I put my camera down much. Emily was hysterical eating all the apples she could pull off of the tree. Dylan and Will were giggling running around the orchard chasing each other and Brynn and Jessica, the princesses of our group just enjoyed checking out the beauty of the orchard. It really was beautiful.










After trekking through a very muddy corn maze, picking 60 pounds of pumpkins and paying, we tailgated for a bit and went to the Gilded Otter for a late lunch/early dinner. My kids were EXHAUSTED but thanked us at least 20x on the way home. It was a lot of fun and now definitely part of our Fall plans every year.

No comments: