Monday, March 1, 2010

Books


I have watched my kids at great length the last week play together and interact. Since we live such a busy life these days, it's not a typical occurrence to have all three kids together for any time span longer than 2 days. Dylan goes to school every day, has karate 5-6 days a week, Brynn and Emily go to daycare 5 days a week and once a week Brynn and I have a day together when we go to Little Gym in Middletown. Library classes start again shortly and that is when life REALLY begins to get chaotic for mommy.

Since we were literally snowed in for 5 days, I had the opportunity to spend lots of quality time with all 3 kids. What surprised me the most was how much they wanted to read books this past week. We did play outside, watched movies, played trains and baked, but all three kids wanted me to sit and read to them.

Stephen and I always read to our children, and I have to say I think this is why my children's vocabulary is that of much older children. I'm glad I splurge and spend money on things like books and it was great snuggling with them and bonding with them since quality time doesn't happen often. What tugged at my heartstrings the most was when Brynn and Emily sat in their chairs and Brynn started 'reading' to Emme....it was so sweet and I quickly had to grab my camera

1 comment:

Julie said...

Adorable! this is one pic they will cherish forever.