Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wii---

I feel like a fool because prior to having children I SWORE my kids would never have video games NEVER, EVER, EVER---I could never imagine my precious angels lounging around the living room, snacking on chips, playing video games. As a kid, I could careless about Atari (back in the day) or Nintendo, when all of the other kids were obsessed with the games. I liked books, LOVED reading, and playing outside whenever possible. That's what I wanted for my kids, to have a love for books and to enjoy the outdoors.

Nintendo's Wii is a video system that has been around for a while. It's pretty pricey and something I would never imagine purchasing for my children--well that changed right after Christmas. Since I have been trying to be healthier that last couple of months I would love the opportunity to be outside playing with the kids running around, or go the the gym, but with 3 kids under the age of 4, going to the gym is not in the cards right now. I definitely don't have time to do exercise tapes but was looking for something I could do for exercise that's fun and that could be done fairly quickly---

I was in Middletown on Emily's birthday and saw Wii on sale. I "texted" my BFFs and asked them if I should buy it or not (more for me and Stephen, not for the kids). They talked me into it and I was on a mission to find that gaming console---I was getting peeved when it was sold out but tried my luck at Babies R Us---SCORE!!! I bought the Wii for a total of $24.00!!! (I had gift cards, coupons and money that was given to us as Christmas gifts I got a bargain only paying $24.00 out of my own pocket)

This gaming system has to be the most fun my family has had together in a VERY long time! The games are wonderful because you get a total workout and you can't just lay around to play the game, you have to interact and move around! We can totally sit for hours and play this as a family (even Brynnie can play).

I have to recommend this to any of my friends who don't have it---you gotta get one because its good exercise an tons of fun! You can't play this without enjoying yourself.

No comments: