Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Tree '09


Putting up the Christmas Tree on Thanksgiving Day has been a tradition in my family for years. I remember when I was a little girl helping my father take out our artificial tree and decorating it with my sisters while my mother and grandmother made Thanksgiving Dinner. I even remember the train that my father only took out at holiday time.


This year, Thanksgiving morning, Dylan reminded me that it was the day that the Christmas Tree also was supposed to come out. I told him that we had to decorate it this year together and put all of the special ornaments up high so Emily didn't break anything. Brynn and Dylan immediately went to work decorating the tree and it looks beautiful. Suprisingly, Emily has not gone near the tree, nor has any interest in it. My favorite part of decorating the tree is looking at all of the ornaments and remembering their significance. Dylan and Brynn did a great job and again we have a beautiful tree in our living room.

No comments: