Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mongaup Pond











Can someone tell me why I was so fond of Mongaup Pond as a child? I haven't been there since Dylan was a couple months old and was pretty disgusted by it when I took the kids there a couple weeks back. There were so many nasty flies it interfered with the kids swimming, playing and especially eating. We went there for an afternoon picnic and to enjoy one of the few beautiful summer days we were having. Poor Em was in her tent and in the matter of minutes the entire cover of the screen was nothing but flies. Dylan was oblivious to the annoying pests but me and the girls were ready to pack it up and head home. I have wonderful memories of camping and spending days there barbecuing and picnicking with my entire family...where did that place go? Maybe I should give it the benefit of the doubt and try again this fall....we'll see...

No comments: