Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Spike the Dinosaur




Okay I'm going to admit this (but don't tell my husband)...I love to shop! Not only do I love to shop, I really enjoy Christmastime, more now than I ever have. Dylan really understands "christmas" this year. Not just the part about getting toys, he believes in Santa, we try to teach him how important it is to give to the needy and he understands that Christmas is the time we celebrate the birth of Jesus. I have to give his preschool and Sunday School teacher tons of credit for teaching Dylan the religious aspects of this holiday.




We sat down weeks ago and wrote our official letters to Santa where Dyl asked for a couple Thomas the Trains (of course), The Night at the Museum DVD (which he already has), a dollhouse for his Brynnie and Spike the Dinosaur. I honestly was not going to buy him such an expensive toy but Dylan has mentioned this toy daily to me. Black Friday Stephen woke me up early and I headed to Wal-Mart to finish (yes finish) my holiday shopping. I walked around the store and found Spike. Thankfully I purchased it because I know how much Dylan really wants this from Santa. He has seen a couple of "Santa's helpers" here and there at holiday parties and has mentioned to each one that he really wants Spike. It is a pretty cool toy and I think Stephen is going to enjoy playing with this more than Dylan is. You got to love watching kids this time of the year...



1 comment:

Amy said...

Be sure to take a video of Dylan opening his Spike present! He's gonna love it!