Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day!






















So weather peops thanks for freaking us Northerners out suggesting we were in for 12-18" of snow when we got 3-4 inches instead--I was VERY prepared for the "blizzard of 2010" (which apparently did not get past Orange County). I planned a day of fun and (NO stressing for mommy to keep the house clean)












Brynn loves playing with shaving cream lately so I had her at the island in my kitchen playing with shaving cream, Em was rolling a ball around chasing it while Dylan was up in his room making a "Poley Island of Sodor" with his Thomas trains and tracks.












Tuesday night I put together sugar cookie dough to set overnight so we could make Valentines Day cookies. I haven't made homemade cookies since HIGH SCHOOL and have to admit they were quite yummy.












We played I Spy, some Princess fishing game, watched tv, ate lunch together and then headed outside to play for a bit.












Emily LOVED being pulled around in her sled and the faster you ran, the louder she squealed with delight. Brynn and Dylan made snow angels and played on daddy's tractor and we even attempted to toboggan (which doesn't work unless you really have a hill to use it on)












I have to say I enjoyed my day with the kids--it doesn't happen often since we work so much but I was exhausted come bedtime--making plans already for our next "Snow Day"

No comments: